Saturday, June 24, 2006

My Winge on Forum Spam - SEO Blog

My latest winge is forum Spam.

I hate competing against forum Spam, this is a field of work taken by many website owners and webmasters, recently I have been trying to boost me S.E (search engine) ranking for my new topSite, but I am battling against forum spammers, these Spammers copy and paste the same message in many forums and in their effort improve rankings for the Website they are promoting.

The Drawbacks are :

Many Forum admins can ban and bring you and your site bad karma.
I (like many) do not like this form of spam and refuse to contribute to this spammers site.
Eventually your Links in the forums will be erased and your site will loose its position in the S.Es.
Forum members will/may reply and expect in return your feedback.

The Up-Side. (un-fortunately there are a few)

The ease of operation.
The amount of incoming links are all one way.
The amount of traffic this can generate.
The number of forums that aren't maintained and want erase your spammed URL's.

I am challenging the Spammers to a S.E Hit-Out.

So I am challenging these spammers in a hit out in the search engines, they can continue their endless spamming and I will continue my honest approach to optimisation and we will see who wins (I better win).

What are your thoughts on Spamming forums ?

From Jason.

No comments: